Many businesses and organisations don’t have a really clear vision for their businesses future and are often surprised when thing do not go according to plan. I’m sure that many of the businesses and organisations that I meet did not plan to become trapped without a clear route map and the key steps to deliver on their strategic goals, objectives and achievements.
What is a clear vision? Here are some suggestions:
- Draw on the beliefs, mission, and environment of the organisation.
- Describe what you want to see and be seen as in the future.
- Be specific to your organisation.
- Be positive and inspiring, leaderships is key.
- Do not assume that the whole organisation will have the same vision as you. .
- Be open to dramatic modifications to current organisation, methodology, teaching techniques, facilities, etc.
Include Your Beliefs. Your vision must be encompassed by your beliefs. What are your beliefs?
- Your beliefs must meet your organisational goals as well as community goals.
- Your beliefs are a statement of your values.
- Your beliefs are a public/visible declaration of your expected outcomes.
- Your beliefs must be precise and practical.
- Your beliefs will guide the actions of all involved.
- Your beliefs reflect the knowledge, philosophy, and actions of all.
- Your beliefs are a key component of strategic planning.
Some of the Benefits of Visioning:
The process and outcomes of visioning may seem vague and superfluous. The long-term benefits are substantial, however. Visioning should
- Breaks you out of boundary thinking.
- Provides continuity and avoids the stutter effect of planning fits and starts.
- Identifies direction and purpose.
- Alerts stakeholders to needed change.
- Promotes interest and commitment.
- Promotes laser-like focus.
- Encourages openness to unique and creative solutions.
- Encourages and builds confidence.
- Builds loyalty through involvement (ownership).
- Results in efficiency and productivity.
It will take some planning, time and implementation, if done right it will make a huge difference to your business or organisation and you’ll have your own rout map with its step by step plan to achieve the goals of the business or organisation. .